8.20.2013

CD Cases

 I'm the kind of person who goes WAY out of the way to make something-my own way. One of my absolute favorite gifts that I've ever given was when I was eleven or twelve. I didn't have any money to buy something for my step sister for Christmas, so like any kid would do, I decided to make a doll house---out of cardboard. Uh hu. It was a pretty good sized house. I cut out all the pieces by myself, taped them together with duct tape, and even created furniture and accessories out of toilet paper and scrap pieces of fabric. 

I think I was much more proud of my creation than the recipient was. Haha! But that showed me that anything (mostly anything, let's be realistic) that I want to make, I can with some ingenuity and creativity. 

I did a similar thing a few days ago. As you know, I just did a photo shoot for some senior girls. And I didn't want to be like everyone else and use a simple CD case, as I've done in the past for lack of an idea. So I made my own. 


I found some brown stock paper at Hobby Lobby and measured it to fit a CD if folded in half, with some room on the sides to sew down each one. 

Folded in half
Then I printed my logo on the top half, above the fold.

 

After I folded it, I punched holes all the way down the sides. And then sewed in and out all the way up and then the same all the way down. 



I'm so happy with how they turned out. Even though it took a long time to go through the whole process, I believe it was totally worth it. To create is such a wonderful feeling. And now I feel so much better when I hand a client a CD of their photos. Not only have I put my heart and soul into their pictures, but also in my whole product.

Finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment