8.19.2013

Ohhh Soup!

Okay, so I love, like LOVE soup. Any and all kids, I will devour. 
I think if I had ten days left to live, I would spend the time eating-soup. Won ton, chicken noodle, tomato, you understand. 

I made some the other day that was THE BOMB!!! I didn't really have a clue of what I would put in it or how it would turn out. I just went a little crazy and threw everything in. End of story, it was a success. 


 I'll try to remember all I put in, if any of you want to replicate it. 

Ingredients:
ground sirloin
onion
carrots
green pepper
banana pepper
potato
canned diced tomato
tomato sauce
canned turnip greens
garlic
basil
garlic salt
salt
pepper
dill
parlsey

 
I sauteed the sirloin in olive oil first, then added onion and carrot. Then I added tomato sauce and the green pepper, banana pepper ,potato, and canned tomato. Let that simmer for a few minutes and add some water (as much as you want to make it soupy or not). Add the turnip greens and put a lid on it. 

Add spices (1/2 tbsp each) and simmer until potatoes are soft (about 45 min.). 

I also made cheesy bread. Yes, I was having a really good day. 

Here's how I did it:
slice some garlic and herbs bread and put some butter on. Next add a little bit of salt and pepper. Then sprinkle some cheese (I chose mozzarella) and drizzle some olive oil on top. Put it in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted and a little brown on top. 

So Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment