8.29.2013

Camera Shopping

So, I'm shopping for a new digital camera. 

I'm taking a digital photography class in my sophomore year of college and I would really love to have my own, wonderfully and professionally functioning digital camera. 

I've loved photography for so long and I started with digital, but over the years I have become a filmy (don't judge me in my out-of-date style). When I found my grandmother's Minolta film camera from the sixties in my attic--it was like Christmas came early. Even though I hadn't a clue how to use it or even how to put on the lens, I fell in love--hard. I would choose film over digital in a heart beat. However, being that we are in the 21st century, I think it's wise to invest in a really good digital camera. 

Especially since film is so expensive both to purchase and to develop (don't get me wrong, it's totally worth it), there are times when digital is the better choice. Like when you have girls running and jumping up in the air and you don't want to waste one of your precious 24 shots with a blurry photo. 

A few years ago, I attempted to buy a high end digital camera...or so I thought. Silly child! What I thought was the latest and greatest of cameras was---I don't even know. The only good thing I can say about it is that it zoomed REALLY well, like craters on the moon were found. NASA here I come. But really, it had a slow as molasses shutter, it's lens didn't come off, it's focus was bad. Anyway, you get the point. So this time I am determined to find a good camera. I've settled on either a Canon EOS 60D DSLR or a Canon Rebel T5i.

I will return when I've got my new baby. 
Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment