8.24.2013

The Last Supper: Shrimp

I take meals very seriously. You already know of my love for food- but seriously.

So when it came time for my last meal with my family before I left for school, I decided to make a meal extravaganza. I decided to make shrimp.

Now, for some of you, shrimp may not be THAT big of a deal. You may live in Shrimp City. You may say, "If I eat one more bite of shrimp, I will die". For those of you who don't eat shrimp very often (like me) this is for you. 


I went to the store with the intention of buying it. But outside of a restaurant, I'd never bought shrimp. I had a meal in mind, and it would have worked out swimmingly--if my sister knew the difference between a cucumber and a zucchini. (Love you Beth!!!) 


I made baked carrots with sea salt and olive oil. Soooo good!



Understandably, these are a little squirrelly looking, but they were the bomb dot com.

   
Since my mom equates shrimp to a nice bowl of centipedes, I made her some chicken with parsley.


 Taking into account that I've never made shrimp, I think I did okay. I probably would have left the tails on, but I took them off, per request.


I added some salt and pepper and melted 3 tbsp of butter in a saucepan. 


I added 3 cloves of garlic and after cooked, added some parsley. 
The recipe told me to cook the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes. But I have a feeling I overcooked it a touch. Oh well!

 
I poured some of the butter garlic sauce to dip---I could have died happily.


Some pasta and alfredo sauce made it complete. I'd say it was a job well done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment