8.14.2013

Iced Coffee

Last night I made the BEST iced coffee EVER...like ever.
I am so addicted to coffee it's ridiculous. I love it hot, cold, and any other way. I love it black. I love it from Starbucks. I love it from Shoney's. You get the point. So I decided to make my own iced coffee, that actually tasted good. You know how you get an idea to "make your own" and it ends up tasting like cardboard? Yeah, I've been there, numerous times. 

Here's how I made it:

  
I made coffee the way I normally make it in my coffee machine. And then I had to chill it in the fridge, otherwise it would melt the ice. Chill for about 30-40 minutes. 


There are hundreds of ways to make iced coffee, but this is just what I had on hand at the time. Also, there are hundreds of ways to flavor it: vanilla, mocha, caramel...


Get whatever glass you like, I chose see-through glass for beauty's sake, and fill them with ice.


Fill the glass with the chilled coffee. Don't leave room for the cream, you won't use that much.


 Pour in the heavy cream, as much as you like.


Then I added just a tiny bit of vanilla. Since this is not a whole batch, it really matters that you put just a drop or two, otherwise it'll be bitter.

Add sugar to taste, some may not like any at all.

Voila! Iced Coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment