8.17.2013

Senior Shoot Was A Success!

I am exhilarated! Today I got my film back from my senior portrait shoot. 

As you know, I was kind of nervous that something would go wrong. And though there wasn't a lack of obnoxious timing on the part of the weather, everything else went splendidly. 

I guess the reason I was so nervous was because I hadn't used my film camera and actually seen the results since my final project in my photography class. I was worried that I wouldn't choose the right aperture or the right speed. Ya know? But I must say that when I popped that CD in my computer and with one eye closed, opened up the first file...I was so relieved, and proud. Picture after picture that I opened, was just a reminder that I knew what I was doing. That I had learned a few tricks of the trade and could rest in that fact. Now, granted accidents happen and Lord knows I've had my share of them. Like forgetting to rewind the film before opening the camera! AAAHHHH!

But being a photographer, makes me an artist. An artist defines themselves by their art, by the process, by what they learned along the way. As I lay on the couch, exhausted after this very long day, I am so content with how the shoot turned out. It was just a new journey for me, and I'm so glad for the opportunity. Jesus has been so faithful to me and I'm so thankful for Him and all He is. 

These girls were SO fun to photograph! They were so enthusiastic and ready to try anything. Thanks Elizabeth, Natalie, and Courtney for being so beautiful, inside and out! 

Here's a few shots from the FILM

Elizabeth
Aren't they gorgeous! These girls. :)

Natalie

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the top picture!!! Those eyeeeess...jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I want her eyes too. Haha.

      Delete