8.07.2013

Repurposed Shirt

Today I repurposed a shirt.


I had gotten this blue jean shirt at Walmart, not my favorite store out there (sorry Walmart lovers). And it served me well for a couple years, but the more I washed it, the more the snaps pulled.


Some even fell out. So I embarked on a mission to be economical. I decided to pull out all of the snaps and replace them with buttons.

It was something I had never done, so I plunged in head-first....like always.


I used my mother's sewing machine to add fabric on the openings and then add the button holes.

Then after what seemed like forever, I sewed on the buttons, which ended up being sort of a mix and match.


But I'm pretty happy with my final product. I've now become a designer, or so I like to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment